St. Louis, Mo., Nov. 1, 2011 – The Better Business Bureau (BBB) Business Reviews that consumers already trust for verified information on more than 4 million businesses nationwide is now available in a convenient “app” for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Last year, consumers turned to the BBB Business Reviews 87 million times to help them find trustworthy businesses and charities. The official BBB Search App, a convenient, mobile BBB solution, is now available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The app was approved by the Apple Store and is available as a free download.
“For 100 years, BBB has been the trusted source for unbiased information on businesses and charities,” said Michelle L. Corey, BBB president and CEO. “We have an amazing wealth of information to help consumers find trustworthy businesses and to help them avoid those that are not. We are excited to offer this information to consumers on the go.”
BBB Search features include:
- Search for local businesses or charities by name, phone, URL, or category type.
- Search via current location or specified city, state or zip code.
- Display search results in list or map views.
- Access previous searches through the history menu.
- View the BBB Business Review for every business listing, complete with BBB Rating, contact information, BBB Accreditation status, consumer complaint history, and more.
- Save a listed business's information to “Favorites” or an iPhone’s contacts.
- Share a business's BBB Business Review URL via email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Find a BBB near you.
- Read the latest BBB Consumer News.
The official launch of the BBB Search App follows a successful soft launch in June, with additional enhancements and fixes:
- BBB Consumer News now includes a "pull down to update" feature.
- BBB Business Reviews display a mobile-optimized interface within the app.
- The zip code keyboard now supports letters for Canadian postal codes.
- If a zip code was set in the search options, that zip code is also used as the default location for the “Find a BBB” search field.
- Tapping on “Find a BBB” automatically displays the closest BBB location based on the current zip code setting.
- When adding a selected business to your iPhone’s contacts, the business's phone number is now always included.
BBB Search 1.1 is available as a free app download on Apple's iOS App Store for devices running iOS 3.1 or higher. An Internet connection is required.
Consumers who do not have an iPhone can access a mobile version of bbb.org
. Otherwise, you may check out a business or charity’s BBB Business Review
by calling 314-645-3300 or visiting www.bbb.org
Michelle Corey, President & CEO, 314-584-6800, email@example.com
, or Chris Thetford, Vice President-Communications, 314-584-6743 or 314-681-4719 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org